The FirmC Charles & Co was founded in 1970 and is currently based in Finsbury Park, North London. Over the years the firm has continued to grow organically by providing clients with a personal, efficient and cost effective service. C Charles & Co is a lively, forward-thinking firm of Chartered Certified Accountants, for business and personal clients who expect the highest level of service.
OUR AIM IS TO:
- Provide service of outstanding excellence and quality
- Contribute to the growth, profitability and success of our clients
- Provide careful and continuous attention to your business needs
- Provide services at a realistic and reasonable cost
- Meet and surpass the highest professional and ethical standards in both service and conduct
- Ensure the growth and development of our employees as individuals
Bookkeeping & accounting - Keeping you fully informed on essentialsThe last thing you want in your business is to have valuable time and resources tied up with routine bookkeeping and accounting.
That's something we can do for you, either at your office or at ours.
We begin by discussing your specific requirements with you and then we set up appropriate accounting procedures and controls and ensure your accounts are kept fully up-to-date and in compliance with statutory regulations. But we don't stop there. We can also provide you with regular management accounts to keep you informed on essential areas such as:
- Performance ratios
- Customer activity
- Credit control
- Budget comparisons
- In addition we can also relieve your staff of the burden of preparing:
- Payroll administration
- VAT returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Annual accounts
Most people who start up in business do so because they have a good business proposition and the enterprise and commitment to see it through, not because they are experts in the legal, financial, and fiscal aspects of running a business.
Indeed, these matters can often seem daunting, and even off-putting, to the budding entrepreneur. The good news is that you do not need to be an expert in these fields to succeed in business. All you need is the support of a team of trained experts.
That's where we fit in. Bring us your business ideas and we'll help you to evaluate them in a constructive and realistic manner. We can also help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies House, and HMRC
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
Start your new venture on a sure footing- call us for an initial consultation today..
Company secretarialThe last thing you need as a busy business owner is to use up valuable time and resources making sure you are complying with the Companies Act. Moreover, with company legislation changing at the rate it does, you need to be sure you are fully aware of how the changes affect you and your fellow directors. We can give you complete peace of mind in this area by carrying out your company secretarial duties for you. Our services include:
- Company formations
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns
- Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory books
- General advice on company law
PayrollAdministering your payroll can be time consuming and burdensome, diverting energy and resources from the core activities of your business. And the task is made all the more difficult by the growing complexity of taxation and employment legislation and the accompanying regime of penalties for non-compliance. We have dedicated staff who can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive and confidential payroll service, including:
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYE, national insurance, statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay, etc
- Completion of statutory forms, including year end returns, to issue to your employees and submit to HMRC
- Summaries and analyses of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and ex-gratia and termination payments
- Administration of pension schemes
- Even if you have only a few employees, you will make savings by engaging us to administer your payroll.
VATValue added tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business - so complex that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT. The ever widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, and the ever growing demands of Customs and Excise call for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations and do not pay the Exchequer more than you need to! We provide an efficient cost effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with Customs and Excise
- Negotiating with Customs and Excise in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals